This 17th Century semi-detached barn was originally situated near the civic centre in the village of Welwyn, where it was used to store coal by a local merchant.
In the early 1900’s the need to establish a fire station and the development of the Welwyn bypass lead to the careful dismantling of the Barn and rebuilding it at Lockley Farm.
In later years, the barn was used for grinding, storing corn, housing shire horses, cattle, chickens and domestic horses.
In 1999, the barn which is set in the main farmyard area was restored to a high standard, it is spacious,with high sweeping ceilings, heavily beamed throughout and has countryside views from most of the bedroom windows, it offers a warm,comfortable, homely atmosphere.
- Patio area – with outdoor summer furniture
- BBQ – on request
- Undercover parking for 1 car
- Entrance Hallway
- Lounge with open plan Dining room
- Colour TV / DVD / Payphone
- Spacious Kitchen – dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, oven , hob, ironing/drying facilities, fridge/freezer
- Downstairs Shower room – toilet & washbasin
- Downstairs Bathroom – toilet & washbasin & airing cupboard
- Additional Dining area adjacent to kitchen
- Bedroom 1 – Double room with views over farmland
- Bedroom 2 – Twin room with views over farmland, positioned to the side of barn
- Bedroom 3 – Single room with views over farmland
- Shower / Toilet / Washbasin
- Wifi included
- Childs High Chair
- Stair Gates
* Must be requested on booking.
- We regret no pets.
- No extra guests – unless stated on the booking form.
- Parties are not permitted.
- No smoking inside barn
- Linen and Towels included (1 hand towel / 1 bath towel per person)
- Electricity not included